Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

All I Want For The New Year

Happy New Year everyone!


What an awesome holiday. Spent the week with my family back in Bville, and the change in atmosphere and complete and utter lack of "things to do" was so relaxing.

When I was back home I went through my old fitness video/DVD collection, and I found my very first yoga DVD - Yoga Zone: Flexibility and Tone. In fact, it's so old that it's not actually a DVD, it's a VCD, which I naively thought would work either on my Mac or on my DVD player. Nada from neither. I also found my old Yoga Zone: Power Yoga VHS which I didn't bother taking home because I don't have a VHS player (and if I did, I would have taken home the rest of my VHS collection including Ana Caban's Intermediate Pilates, my Kathy Smith tapes, and of course, my Mom's old Jane Fondas; alas, it is not to be).

Anyway, I want to say that I absolutely love Yoga Zone and cannot believe that they are not prevailing as the world's leading yoga culture - or at least have a website! Yes, you can buy their stuff on Chapters, mostly the boxed sets - but I refuse to buy a box set containing a DVD I already own (I recently bought Yoga Zone's Introduction to Power Yoga - super awesome).

So I've decided that whenever I run into a Yoga Zone DVD at my local London Drugs, I'm going to pick it up no matter what it is. They run far and few between, but at least they're cheap (hint: everything's cheap at London Drugs!). Soon I will have a wonderful Yoga Zone collection, and I will have their awesomeness at my disposal.

By the way, for those of you who are familiar with Yoga Zone, Lisa Bennett is still being featured in their newer DVDs, which is wonderful. She has an awesome speaking voice and a strong, graceful body that demonstrates asanas beautifully.

I will admit that the majority of my obsession with Yoga Zone probably stems from the fact that it was the brand of my first DVD as well as my first introduction to Power Yoga (via the original Power Yoga VHS, not the current DVD one I have now, of course). Who cares. Love them, love them, love them.

Another "yoga toy" on my wishlist for this year is Eoin Finn's Blissology set. Which I would have asked my hubby for in lieu of the Zumba Total-Body Transformation Kit and Zumba CDs, if I had remembered it. Speaking of my Zumba kit! It has not yet arrived. Presumably lost, or stuck in customs. Either way I was told that if I didn't receive it this week, to call them back so they can send me a new one. I want my Zumba now! Arrrgh. Anyway, I did not get it this week, so will be calling them asking for a new shipment tomorrow.

Also, since it's the new year 'tis the season to renew my magazine subscriptions to the Shambhala Sun and Yoga Journal. Considering subscribing to Tricycle this year instead of the Sun, but more than likely will continue with Yoga Journal (unless of course, I decide to go with Yoga International this year). Decisions, decisions.

Anyway! Here's to an awesome new year for all. Last year I spent a lot of time working hard at initiating new projects and careers and certifications, etc... Now this year, I am going to sit back and reap in all of that glory. Also, I plan to go back to school and get my Post-LPN BN degree. But other than that, just concentrating on doing the best at my nursing and yoga and fitness careers, polishing my own personal practice, and perfecting my craft (at the aforementioned nursing and yoga and fitness). Oh, and I want to continue to eradicate all of my son's dental problems, starting with a very urgent visit to the Dental Hygienist this week. Hazaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment